A CMS (Content Management System) can be perceived as a hybrid technology of website maintenance and document management system – The delivery, addition, modification or deletion of new or updated content can be achieved simultaneously from different points. Web is being ruled by the introduction of new content every second and in this situation, if we are burdened with a monolithic structure. The management of content should be flexible and systematic.
A CMS enables handling of the texts, links, images, files, films of the site easy and effective. The CMS will make up contents of a website (e.g. news, publications, products,...) that can be managed and updated at any time by the client from anywhere in a very simple way.
Basic Features of a content management system are
Completely database driven site engines.
- News, products, or services sections fully editable and manageable
- Topics sections can be added to by contributing Authors
- Fully customisable layouts including left, center, and right Menu boxes
- Browser upload of images to your own library for use anywhere in the site
- Dynamic Forum/Poll/Voting booth for on-the-spot results
- Import of multi-formatted documents – text, graphics, videos, music..
- Total User Management for different tasks like – admin, author,contributor..etc
- Alert system notifies any changes to the existing content.
- Version control gives a complete control over the management of document versions.
- A standard CMS is supported by a centralized archive where all the published documents are stored.
- WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) is a unique feature for a CMS. By Using This we can edit content like a word processor.
Some of the Administrative features of the CMS are
- Change order of objects including news, FAQs, Articles etc.
- Random Newsflash generator
- Remote Author submission Module for News, Articles, FAQs, and Links
- Object hierarchy - as many Sections, departments, divisions, and pages as you want
- Image library - store all your PNGs, PDFs, DOCs, XLSs, GIFs, and JPEGs online for easy use
- Automatic Path-Finder. Place a picture and let the CMS ! fix the link
- News Feed Manager. Choose from News Feeds from around the world
- E-mail a friend and Print format available for every story and Article
- In-line Text editor similar to any basic word processor software
- User editable look and feel
- Polls/Surveys - Now put a different one on each page
- Custom Page Modules. Download custom page Modules to spice up your site
- Template Manager. Download Templates and implement them in seconds
- Layout preview. See how it looks before going live
Every client and project is unique and they require a custom content management system solution.
Walking Ants specializes in delivering flexible and scalable content-centric applications suited to customers’
specific requirements. The major features of our CMS offering are
- Centralized Editing Tools :- State of the art content editing tools with WYSIWYG editing.
- Technical independence for content creation :- Content creators can work as if they are working on normal word documents.
- Multi-Point Editing :- Multi-Point Editing
Concurrent editing and modification of content by different users.
- Robust Media management :- Management of media files like images, files, PDF Documents, Video and Audio.
- Document version management :- CMS solution has integrated version control system.
- Document archiving facility :- An automatic archiving of published documents.
- Integrated Role assignment :- Roles and privileges can be easily assigned so that the content publishing and management is achieved seamlessly.